D. 16-19. december 2021 - I Esbjerg
Headcoach Eric udtaler om stævnet og de mange flotte præstationer:
“An overall team effort by everyone involved — Everyone should be proud of this. Swimmers as well as the team behind.
Therefore - thank you to the fantastic coaching staff involved with the 1st team this season — Daniel, Alessandro, Nicolai, and Lasse. The dedication to this group and the support you provide to our athletes every week is unrivalled. Truly a team effort.
I am so proud of this group and progress we have made in only 4 short months. Onwards and upwards we go”.
I will start with the most important statistic of all. Out of all clubs in attendance with more than 10 swimmers, we finished with the highest PR percentage (lifetime best swims) of any club in the country.
Against a national average of 40%, Odense posted a staggering 62% PR rate. Overall improvement is the true marker of a successful program, and we are definitely on track for great things in the future!
The other exciting team success of the weekend came through our relays.
- The men’s 4x50 and 4x100 medley relay both shattered records that have stood for over 20 YEARS!
- The team of Mikkel, Oliver, Marius, and Simon were responsible for both records and swam PR splits on both relays.
- The women’s 4x50 FR on the first night of competition also saw all 4 girls (Thea, Sophie, Mejse, Naja) swim PRs on their splits.
- On the men’s 4x100 Freestyle, Johan swam his best race of the season and a PR on the lead off.
- Anders dropped almost 2 seconds for his best 100 of the season.
- On the high performance end of the competition, Odense also posted the #1 world ranked swim in the entire meet. @theablomsterberg, who relocated to Odense in August, swam the 200 BR to score 877 FINA points (2:20.77) — 22 more than the next swimmer.
In addition, her 100 was the #2 ranked overall swim in the meet. At the end of the weekend she is now ranked Top 20 in the world in the 200 Breaststroke. She won gold in both events and both were lifetime bests.
- Oliver Hallenborg was a mainstay on the podium in the Senior ungdoms category (medals awarded to 1st/2nd year Senior swimmers). He took 1st in the 200, 2nd in the 100, and 2nd in the 50 breaststroke.
His work ethic will surely propel him to the highest levels of Danish breaststroke swimming over the coming seasons. He was Top 5 overall in all three events.
- Marius Dyrgaard Tholstrup continued his ascent through the junior swimming ranks. At his first DM, he qualified for the B finals in all three butterfly events, posting times in all three that would have won medals at DM Junior just one month ago. His 50 fly was an 18&U club record (24.84)
- Mikkel Podiss Petersen improved his PRs in all three backstroke events, en route to qualifying for B finals in both the 50 and 100. His best swims in both events came on relay lead offs, playing a critical role in breaking both club records.
- Andreas Rasmussen, after joining the group from Horsens in mid October to study in Odense, had an outstanding weekend going 100% PRs and qualifying for B finals in the 200 fly and 400 IM.
- Mejse Vinther-Okholm continues to find ways to drop time meet after meet, setting PRs in the 50/100 freestyles after doing so just a month ago at DM Junior.
- Sophie finished the meet on a high note, hitting a PR in the 100 FR.
- The toughness award for the weekend has to go to Simon Juul Henriksen, who after missing most of the month leading into the meet due to illness, swam season best times in all his races, and was consistent in anchoring the men’s medley relays to club record performances.
- An honourable mention must go to Marie Louise, who joined our group this season after a 5 year hiatus from the sport. Marius Louise was teaching in our swim school before approaching me about joining the team. After an incredible effort to return to the pool and prepare, her competition last weekend in Nyborg was cancelled due to the pandemic. At an unofficial time trial in training last Saturday she swam lifetime PRs in the 100 FR and 100 BK”.
Rigtig glæde jule-stævne-hilsner fra H2Odense.